As the deer.....

!
I've always loved animals! I grew up in Southern New Jersey, so the wild ones were limited. I did manage to "rescue" a baby opossum, a beautiful cinnamon colored pigeon(appropriately dubbed "Cinnamon"). There were turtles(we kept one for 25+ years), an alligator found at the lake down the road.(YES, an alligator found in NJ) and a hodge podge of others that came and went. I can't imagine what could have happened in the neighborhood had my brother not "rescued" Allie. I suppose he technically rescued the neighborhood children and small pets! I stayed in good 'ole' NJ for many years, marrying and raising my 4 boys. Then those boys started moving away! The last one is moving out of NJ this weekend! My husband and I settled in the Poconos of PA, thinking we would retire there. The picture of the fawn was taken at one of our community lakes. My friend and I were canoeing when we came across him/her. I almost got talked into another "rescue". Well, getting back to retiring. We're not there yet, but when when my husband and I had the chance to move to NC in January of 2017, we wasted no time packing up! We now live 5 miles up on a mountain, where we've seen or heard coyotes, raccoons, bobcats, many deer, and so many colorful birds that I've never even heard of! The bears are out there and have been seen by neighbors. We live on 22 acres surrounded by a forest of 100's of acres. I suppose the quiet(and the darkness) could make some people crazy, but I've come to love this place in the short time that I've lived her. I sit on my deck watching the wild life and I realize that these critters can actually teach us some lessons. Pileated Woodpeckers have shown persistence in finding every possible insect inside a downed tree. It has been reduced to sawdust! The mama and daddy Phoebe have shown diligence in caring for their babies in the nest under my deck. I can't imagine constantly going out all day finding a tiny insect to bring back to 4 or 5 hungry babies! Even the raccoons work hard at night, removing my bird feeders from the hangers and dragging them away down the mountain! It took me a while, but I finally decided to bring them in at night(the feeders, not the raccoons!)

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalm 42:1

You don't have to live in the mountains of North Carolina to seek God like the deer seeks water. You can find Him in your own little corner of the world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy Stealers

Bad Parenting